Make your own playful and practical raincoat or cosy duffle to shelter from the elements. Fully lined, Eden has raglan sleeves and thoughtful details like a high neck hood to keep out the wind, practical pockets and a hanging loop.
Choose from hip or long lengths, snaps or toggle fastenings with optional zip, two pocket styles and optional storm flaps. Whether on a weekend walk, at a festival or doing the school run, you can wear your DIY outerwear with pride!
Eden includes jargon-busting instructions, helpful sewing tips, and colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
UK size 6 to 20
Medium- to heavy-weight woven fabrics such as wool coating, cotton drill, waxed canvas, Gore-Tex, ripstop, PUL and cotton laminate. For the lining, try viscose, acetate, polyester or cotton lawn, or even low stretch jersey for a casual anorak lining.
- Fabric – Jacket vn: Sizes 1-3: 3m (3yd) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 3.3m (3yd) x 115cm (45in) wide; Sizes 4-8: 3.3m (3yd) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 4.3m (4¾yd) x 115cm (45in) wide
Coat vn: Sizes 1-3: 3.2m (3½yd) x 150cm (60in) OR 3.6m (4yd) x 115cm (45in); Sizes 4-8: 3.4m (3¾yd) x 150cm (60in) OR 4.6m (5yd) x 115cm (45in) Lining – Jacket vn: Sizes 1-3: 1.5m (1¾yd) x 150cm (60in) OR 2.1m (2yd) x 115cm (45in) wide; Sizes 4-8: 2m (2¼yd) x 150cm (60in) OR 2.7m (3yd) x 115cm (45in) wide Coat vn: Sizes 1-3: 1.7m (1yd) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.3m (2½yd) x 115cm (45in) Sizes 4-8: 2.2m (2½yd) x 150cm (60in) OR 3m (3yd) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Matching thread 1.4m (1yd) interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- 6-8 x 15mm (in) visible or hidden press-on or sew-on snaps. Optional: 2 extra snaps for pockets
- Optional: 3 x ready-made toggle fastenings or toggle buttons and cord
- Optional: Open-end zip 50-53cm (20-21in) for jacket version, 58-72cm (23-28in) for coat version
- Sewing machine, basic tools, incl zip foot
Tilly and the Buttons
Brand:Tilly and the Buttons