Upgrade your casual me-made wardrobe with this stylish (and comfy!) top and dress. The optional back ties or contrast binding add a fun twist to the classic Breton or t shirt dress.
Romy has a modern loose fit and high slash envelope neckline, with choice of cap, three quarter or full length sleeves for year-round style. Designed for knit fabrics, whip it up on either a regular sewing machine or overlocker (serger). Once you’ve made one, you’ll be hooked!
Romy includes jargon-busting instructions, helpful sewing tips, and colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
UK sizes 6 to 20
Medium-weight low stretch knit fabrics such as jersey or interlock. You could also use ponte for the long sleeve version. Avoid anything too light-weight, drapey or clingy. If you’re making the back ties version, avoid anything too bulky.
- Matching thread
- Ballpoint needle for your sewing machine
- For back tie version: 0.5m (5/8yd) of 6-9mm (1/4in–3/8in) clear (swimwear) elastic and sharp all-purpose needle or microtex needle
- Sewing machine and basic tools (a rotary cutter and mat are useful)
- Optional: Overlocker (serger)
- Fabric (please refer to pattern packaging reverse for fabric requirements
Tilly and the Buttons
Brand:Tilly and the Buttons